Final communique of the 27th session of the National Commission Of Private Higher Education
The Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education, Chancellor of Academic Orders, informs the public that the 27th session of the National Commission for Private Higher Education was held in his Ministerial Department on November 17 2021, in room 1036 under the chairmanship of Professor BIKOI Felix Nicodeme, President of the said commission.
This session examined among others, the files for creation, opening, approval and the official certification of Private Institutes of Higher Education. At the end of it, the following resolutions were arrived at :
1- An annual forum of Private Higher Educational Institutes be organised, in order to promote dialogue between the Ministry of Higher Education (MINESUP), Private Institutes of Higher Education (PHEI), and their development partners ;
2- The publication of an exhaustive data base of all Private Higher Educational Institutions ;
3- PHEIs be classified according to their capacity and performance ;
4- A list of non-functionned PHEIs be published at the beginning of each academic year ; Download the final communique ; Download the Programmes and fields of study not authorized
In addition, the following sanctions were given out to the undermentioned institutions :
- Institut Supérieur des Sciences, de Technologie, de Commerce et d’Agriculture (ISSTECOA) of Bafoussam, sanction imposed: Reprimand with closure of the cycles of Bachelor/Professional Masters and unauthorised fields, stop false advertising ;
- Institut Supérieur of Bafoussam, sanction imposed : Reprimand with closure of the unauthorised Professional Bachelor cycle ;
- International University of Bamenda, sanction imposed : Reprimand with closure of unauthorised cycles and fields of studies, and cessation of signing and issuance of certificates ;
- Institut Supérieur des Arts et Métiers of Bafoussam, sanction imposed : Reprimand with closure of campus, cycles and unauthorised fields of study ;
- Institut Supérieur Lead of Yaoundé, sanction imposed : Warning with closure of unauthorised Bachelor and Professional Master cycles ;
- Gulf-Field Higher Institute of Petroleum, Mining, Business and Management of Limbe, sanction imposed: Warning with closure of unauthorised Bachelor cycle ;
- Institut Supérieur African des Technologies de l’Information et de la Connaissance, sanction imposed : Reprimand with closure of unauthorised Bachelor’s and Professional Master’s cycles ;
- Ecole Supérieur de Commerce et de Gestion de Yaoundé (ESCGY), sanction imposed: Reprimand with closure of unauthorised Doctorate cycle ;
- Institut Supérieur Royal Deumaga (ISRD) of Yaoundé, sanction imposed: Reprimand with closure of unauthorised fields and specialties of study ;
- Institut Supérieur des Sciences et de l’Entreprise (ISSE) of Yaoundé, sanction imposed : Reprimand with closure of the Professional Bachelor and Master cycles, the engineering and some unauthorised courses.
The following Institutions ; Andankeng Higher Institute of Professional Studies in Buea – Access Higher Institute of Professional Studies in Buea and Douala – Higher Institute of Professional Excellence in Douala – Havard Higher Institute of Science and Technology of Bamenda – Chartered Higher Institute of Technology and Management of Buea – Saint Louis Institute of Health and Biomedical Sciences of Douala – Higher Institute for Business, Management and Technology of Buea and Douala and Fomic Polytechnic of Buea, were warned and instructed to correct their names accordingly and with immediate effect.
NB : For details of the closed courses, kindly consult the MINESUP Website (www.minesup.gov.cm).
The proceedings, which opened at 10 a.m., ended at about 4 :30 p.m.
Done in Yaoundé on 17 November 2021
The Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education